25.1.15

Review | ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmarie ****

As I mentioned in my previous post I really enjoyed my holiday in Marrakech, but it was definitely all thanks to the lovely resort I stayed in. I thought why not write a quick review about the hotel and why we chose this one in particular!. keep reading to find out moree ...

When booking a holiday, finding a hotel is the most important process in my opinion. I personally spend about a whole week researching hotels in the city/town that I plan to visit. You need to know the types of hotels in that destination and then think about the type of hotel you would like to stay in. This way the search starts to get more precise, making it easier for you to make a choice.

I won't get into the process of me looking and finding this hotel, maybe that can be a future post - Holiday Tips? let me know.

Riu is a hotel chain with numerous resorts around the world, which means that its a name that has to uphold standards, and all  my expectations were met. It is an all inclusive hotel which offers a lot to their guests. The first thing I noticed was how spacious the hotel was, now this has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantage being there is no noise and it is very relaxing, the disadvantage is that it takes a couple minutes to walk from some rooms to other parts of the hotel. I stayed in a room which was about 5 mins walk from the concierge, I do wish I had requested a room closer (which you can do).

The out door pool area is my fave part of the hotel. The pool is very large and clean, it is a beautiful area to relax, read a book and use the many sunbeds. The bar is by the pool as well and serves a variety of drinks from juices, mocktails, cocktails, wine etc.

The all-inclusive offers you breakfast which I feel did not have much variety, lunch, snacks and then dinner. They have Moroccan and Italian restaurants which gives you some option but over all there is a lot to chose from for dinner. There are 2 pools in door and out door and also gym facilities. One thing which I was disappointed with was that the only WiFi spots were in the lobby area and at the bar. Even so, the WiFi in those areas were a bit slow during the day. It is unfortunate that there is no WiFi in the rooms.

The hotel also has a complimentary shuttle bus service that travels from the hotel into town and then back, every hour or so which is really convenient for people wanting to explore Marrakech. The journey is about 15mins, which drops you right outside the Souks.

Over all we had such a  pleasant stay. When we had a queries or needed to book a cab there was always a member of staff willing to assist. I hope you enjoyed this review, I hope to write more in the future.















































To see more pictures and get more info click HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment